Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Vacation and Unpacking

I got home from vacation last night at 6pm. We (husband, Steve and I) were gone eight days. By 6:30pm we had unpacked all three suitcases, put them away and started a load of laundry. Sure, I was tired, but unpacked suitcases causes chaos. By not unpacking immediately, it would have taken me much longer to get moving this morning...not to mention I would not have had anything clean to wear!

Here's how we got done so quickly:

1. Emptied the carry-on bag which was filled with snacks and books. Steve put away the unused snacks and put our books on the end table in the living room, while I started on my suitcase.

1. Opened my suitcase and sorted the dirty laundry into a three compartment sorter. (1 - brights, 2 - darks, and 3 - whites)

2. Filled up shampoo and other used toiletries and stowed the toiletry kit in the carry-on bag for our next trip.

3. Put my makeup back in its bathroom drawer and stowed the makeup bag in the carry-on bag.

4. Sorted the dirty laundry in Steve's suitcase. He refilled and put away his toiletry kit.

5. I started a load of laundry while Steve nested his smaller suitcase in my larger one and put them back in the hall closet along with the carry-on bag.

Less than 30 minutes and we were done!

No comments: