Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Grateful for Routines

Once again I am grateful for having routines. I am writing this blog post from the waiting room at St. Vincent's hospital in Beaverton, Oregon. My father-in-law came in yesterday for what was supposed to have been routine tests and possibly stents down the road. It turns out that his heart blockage is more serious and he was scheduled for quaduple by-pass surgery today.

I am grateful that I have wonderful clients that didn't mind being rescheduled for later in the week so I could be with my husband and his family today.

I am grateful that I have routines so we have clean laundry, a car full of gas, the bills paid and a fridge & pantry full of food so we can just drop everything and be here for Dad.

I am grateful for my husband that has allowed me and my organizing ways into his life and loves every minute of it. Well, most of them anyway.

I am grateful to be a part of two loving families...mine and his.'

I am grateful for routines so that I have clean sheets to fall in between tonight after this very tiring day.

I am grateful.

No comments: